Sunday, September 27, 2009

Time, Where Do You Go?

It happens to us all. We get busy. Really busy.

I'm honestly not sure where all the time went this week. I actually sat down on the couch last night and watched an entire half hour of Interview with a Vampire. As I sat there half watching the movie I realized I hadn't sat down to relax all week. I haven't watched tv, haven't read a book(for myself, lots to the little ones of course), have only glanced at my inbox, haven't twittered, facebooked, or blogged, and have not had time to *gasp* write.

Anyhow, it got me to thinking about how I've read so many times that writers have to write every day. I mean, I would love to write every day. Really write. Spend hours and hours at the computer dedicated to only my writing. Oh luxury!

I am always thinking about writing. I jot things down throughout the day, but really sitting down and writing doesn't always happen because, hey, there's only so much time in a day. Yes, you have to make time for the things you want to do. But, sometimes there are just too many other obligations in life. And I think that's okay. Writing is a big part of my life. A priority. But sometimes you have to take a break whether you want to or not. The writing is always there, waiting for you to come back to it.

2 comments:

  1. I can't "write" everyday either. I am constantly thinking about my writing, and working out problems, but I'll go on jags where I write every day for weeks, and then lulls where I don't put down anything new for days. Sometimes I have to get my thoughts organized- otherwise I just spend all day writing things that are going to get deleted anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad to hear it's not just me. Sometimes I tire of the 'you must write everyday' mantra. It just doesn't work for everyone. For sure, I wish I could write every day, it just doesn't always happen. I've gotta sleep sometime.

    ReplyDelete