Saturday, September 18, 2010

My New Invention

It's finally quiet around the house and I thought I'd get to work. But what to do? Should I link some stuff up on my website? Probably, I do have a book that just came out. But maybe I should revise a picture book. They're waiting! I know, I really should work on the MG that I've been thinking about all day. No, the YA! Write a query! Do some publisher research? I really need to get some manuscripts out into the world. I know! Write something new. I have some great new ideas I'm dying to flesh out. But do I really need to write something new when I have so many other manuscripts piled up and waiting for my attention? How in the world to decide? I have the solution! Writer's dice. I'm going to put each option on one side of a die and then roll and see what I win. It will be perfect for those indecisive times like, um, now.

7 comments:

katswhiskers said...

You can put me down for one. Sounds like such a familiar scenario. Usually I try juggling them all - which is kinda stressful - but sometimes amazingly productive. And other times, not. :\

I think for now you should be wallowing in the feeling of new-book-euphoria.

Dana said...

This happens to me too. I then worry that it's part of my overly developed procrastination technique. I wonder why I'm procrastinating and by now I'm so discouraged and the time's flying by so... well, anyway I think your dice are a great idea! Where do I sign?

annebingham said...

Better make that die with more than the traditional six sides. Right now I need one with as many surfaces as a buckyball.

Anette J Kres said...

I need one of those dice too! I'm having almost the same kind of day. Should I work on my children's picture book, or that short story collection, or maybe do some research for the YA I want to write soon.

(P.S. Yay for buckyballs! I haven't heard that word since my college o-chem class!)

Heather Ayris Burnell said...

I was thinking the dice would have to have more sides! Either that or perhaps a pair for mixing and matching. I'm really going to try to make some one of these days. Probably the next time I'm procrastinating.

Christie Wright Wild said...

You are so funny. What a solution! I have this problem, too!

Liz Straw said...

Definitely should patent this idea!