Monday, March 19, 2007

Spa Day

I got a spa day today. My best friend recently got her aesthetician's licence and wanted to treat me. It was great. She has found her calling and is fabulous at what she does. I am so happy that she is in business for herself and doing what she loves. And man do facials feel good ...hot rock massages aren't bad either.

But it was funny, as I laid there with my mask on(My friend had to do a Bikini wax in the other room. Aestheticians are brave people.) I could barely lay still. I couldn't believe I had absolutely nothing to do. I tried to lay and relax. Tried to take a nap. But no. All I wished for was a piece of paper and a pen. There are so many stories I want to work on. There are not enough hours in the day. I couldn't believe I was wasting such a silent opportunity with no one around to ask me to do something. Absolutely no responsibilities. I can't remember the last time that happened, and I'm sure it won't happen again any time soon.
Lesson learned: Bring a paper and pen to the spa ...and arugula on pizza is really good.
Thanks Jes!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Heather, you are sooo lucky! I had a spa day for my 30th birthday and it was pure heaven. I think I'm due for another.

    I love having brain dead parts of my day. I think I'm the only one in my family who can actually just sit and do nothing. In fact, I need that for sanity. Waiting in the doctor's office for an hour is a great example. Where it almost kills Brendan and the kids, I use the time to just let my mind wander. I get quite frustrated when I'm interrupted. Actually, I get strange looks from my kids when I get upset with them for interrupting -- they say, "But you aren't talking to anyone."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like to let my mind wander without a pen and paper around I guess. I can't help but work on a story anytime I have a chance.

    ReplyDelete