What is a blog for? Telling people about myself? Writing practice? Promotion?
I had a blog that no one read. I actually had things to say because I knew no one was reading it. I have lots of reasons for not having a blog. Want to hear them?
- The computer sucks the thoughts from my mind(and not onto the screen like I hope).
- I don't like people reading what I write. Kind of a conundrum for a writer, huh?
- I am really shy, hence the last reason.
- I edit and edit and re-edit and delete and start over and ...
- I sound like an idiot most every time I open my mouth.
- I'll probably offend people.
- I might tell you things I don't want you to know.
- Everyone's gonna think I'm looney.
Okay, that's enough reasons. It's too depressing. Doesn't sound like this is gonna be very good for promotion. Actually, I look at this blog as a way to get to know my writer friends and for them to get to know me. Heck, if you read this blog, eventually you may get to know me better than alot of the people I know in person. Writing things down is very personal. So, I'm forcing myself to share. Hopefully I'll come up with something interesting.