Friday, May 25, 2007

Just play nice!

I have been wanting Microsoft Word for a while now. Back when we bought our computer, I had no idea about what word processing software I might want. I just took what came with the computer. But, I've learned some things in the past few years.

Now I know, most people(in my writing world anyway) use Word. And Wordperfect does not play well with Word. Wordperfect is more like Word's jealous little brother who, instead of compromising and doing a little give and take, instead turns around and says I'm not playing with you. Well, I've had enough of the arguments.

A friend was over the other day and she had a disc, with Word on it! She copied my files, wiped my computer, and put in the disc. One problem--the file wouldn't unzip. I don't know alot about computers, but I do know if my jacket won't unzip, I'm not getting out of it--and I'm not happy.

So, now I have a nice computer with absolutely no word processing software on it. Do I use my word processor everyday? No. I do alot of writing by hand, but for some reason, not having a word processor is driving me crazy. I have so much to type! I sure hope she comes back with the reformatted disc soon. I'd go over, but it's a long walk over a big mountain, and I have writing to do.

Don't even get me started on bandwidth.

3 comments:

  1. eek! I wouldn't survive!!

    Good luck and I hope you get this fixed soon. Brendan happens to be a bit of a computer genius (although his genius is towards the mac side) so if you have any questions, I'm sure he'll be able to possibly help you out... well he can try, anyway. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband felt bad for me and installed wordperfect on his spankin' clean computer until we can get mine taken care of. Me and computers don't always get along, so I'd like to get mine organized asap, before I do something bad to his!
    Here's a question - we want to wipe the entire computer clean, Is there a danger in this? It seems so daunting that we just haven't done it. We don't want to kill poor Bubba.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Linda slaps knee* LOL - Bubba?

    I'll email you the answer cuz it's long and complicated.

    ReplyDelete