Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Word!

I finally have Microsoft Word and oh what I’ve been missing. I can read comments! Lines and lines of wonderful comments my fabulous writer friends have so wonderfully shared with me.
I couldn’t help but read through every single crit(and my computer didn’t crash!) as I filed them away and this made me realize a few things:

  • I’m a slacker. I have a lot of material I need to revise and get out into the world.
  • Wordperfect really does suck. I even found two mistakes (clearly pointed out by Word) in the manuscript I sold. How embarrassing.
  • I really miss my critique buds that have drifted away.
  • Using colors and strikeouts and bubbles is cool. I’ll have to figure out how to do it.
  • I’m not a very good critiquer, but I’m trying.

    I’m so happy I finally have Word. Now I can get my manuscripts organized. Right now they’re everywhere—in my email, on disc, on two different computers, then there’s all the ones on pieces of paper in various notebooks and around the house. It’s nice to be able to sit down to write and actually be able to find what you’re looking for. Having finally gotten this computer thing taken care of, I have hope that I can get my manuscripts organized. Just don’t look in my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment