Monday, January 14, 2008

Gravy

I ran into a conundrum at dinner tonight. I said gravy is my favorite food. Then my daughter wondered if gravy is an actual "food". Yes, it is edible, but it's a sauce. People don't usually eat it all by itself although I have been known to on occasion. But it's not like I serve the family bowls of gravy for dinner. So, can gravy be my favorite food or does it have to be mashed potatoes and gravy, or rice and gravy, or maybe toast and gravy? I'd be hard pressed to choose because I see them all as vehicles to hold the gravy that I want to eat.

Alas, my husband does not have the gravy loving gene that runs on my side family. He doesn't even care if it's an actual food or not. That's okay. More for me!

And speaking of gravy. It would be gravy if that agent that has been considering my requested manuscript for over three months now would tell me he wants to represent me already! I'm going to go mad if I have to wait much longer, either that or I'll have to status query. Yes folks, gravy goes with everything.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post.

    And I love gravy. Now, if I had to pick a favourite food, it would have to be potatoes. They can be in pretty much any form, but my first pick would be either chips or fries.

    Now add gravy to those fries ... and we have magic. I've recently discovered that I love poutine, which is a mix of my three all time favourite things. you just can't go wrong with fries/gravy/cheese.

    Now that I've ruined my diet for the day just thinking about all that stuff ... go SQ that agent. I've decided it's time. You need to get that sent off today.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poutine does not sound like a food but the name is so decieving because I suspect it could easily become my favorite food of all time. I've never heard of it so I doubt I can get any good poutine around here, but I will search! Maybe we'll have to get some in Bellevue.

    As for the sq-ing, I've chickened out at the moment.(ha--that goes with gravy too!) I mean, he's so fabulous and I'm just plain old gravy loving me. Just learning about the poutine is good enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still thinking about the poutine--and the status query. Not sure which one would be more satisfying. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take the poutine! It wins every time!!

    ReplyDelete