Saturday, July 5, 2008

Things I Missed When I Lived in Town

Living in town for six months was convenient, but there were things I didn't even realize I missed until I got home:

-Absolute silence
-Fresh air
-Birdsong
-Quaking aspens
-Space
-Stillness
-Solitude
-My kids enjoying playing together outside(okay, I did notice this one!)
-Peace
-My propane stove--it cooks so much better than electric.
-Driving to town and back with my dh. This is one of the only times we get to sit together and talk. The kids are strapped in the back so they don't inturrupt too incessantly.
-Looking out the window


Things I Don't Miss About Town:

-People's stuff everywhere, what kind of view is that?
-Trash burning--people did it all the time, in town!
-A road in front of my house
-Dogs. We named our town Dogville.
-Electric heat
-Having to get dressed every day(you know, get out of my pajamas!)


I'm sure there must be more things that I haven't thought of. Suffice it to say, this place definitely still feels like home.

2 comments:

  1. I want to say I want to come live with you because it sounds amazing, but I think after awhile I'd be missing my big movie theatres and quick access to the necessities - you know, things like McDonald's. The peace sounds perfect, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had McDonald's in town once, for like a year. Our town isn't even big enough to support a McD's I guess. Maybe we're all used to there being so little convenience around here that we don't take advantage of it when there is something. I don't know. I don't care much for McDonald's anyway, and I haven't been to a movie in so long that I don't miss it. I think the last one I saw at the theater was Shrek! You just get used to entertaining yourself and planning ahead in a place like this.

    ReplyDelete