Friday, February 19, 2010

Heads up -- Enter to Win a YA or MG Critique!

There's a great contest going on over at Chuck Sambuchino's Guide to Literary Agents blog and this one is especially for middle grade and young adult writers. It's easy to enter. You just need to send the first 150 - 200 words of your novel and do a couple other things, like share the contest on your facebook or twitter. The Guide to Literary Agents blog is definitely the blog I use the most and I've learned a ton from reading the posts there. Even if you're not into entering the contest, it's a great place to learn about new agents, what specific agents are looking for, how different authors connected with their agents, and more.

Anyhow, before I get too mushy about my mad love for this blog, you probably want to know what you can win. There's a first place 25 page critique by Andrea Brown Literary Agent, Jennifer Laughran plus two Writer's Digest books and there's a second and third place prize of a ten page critique plus one book. Freaking awesome, huh?

I'm getting my entry ready right now and I thought maybe a few of you readers of my blog might be interested in entering too. You have until Sunday, February 21st to enter. Let me know if you do. We can wait together!

Bonus from entering the contest: I now have a logline. Woot!

2 comments:

  1. A great opportunity! But note the contest is just for completed works, not WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, everyone needs to read all the rules over at Chuck's site.

    ReplyDelete