Friday, October 9, 2009

On My Way Home

I've been driving the kids back and forth to school. Every day. It's not that far as miles go, but my road makes the trip long... and interesting. I took some pictures so you could have a peek into a piece of my life. It's likely a bit different than your drive to the store.



This is a huge drop off. See how high we are above the trees? Only one lane. Very exciting.



I love this valley. It's on the shortcut. Only one little used lane.



And some more shortcut photos. It's pretty.




Nice ruts, huh?







Back on the "good" road.





That's it, it all kind of looks the same I suppose, but there's lots of great little nooks and crannies. I try to pay attention and not get lulled into the everyday driving routine. Plus I've gotta be on the lookout for cows and rocks and the like. If I'm lucky I see something really cool like a rattlesnake or a bear or a bobcat. It's definitely not your average drive.

5 comments:

  1. Scary. But pretty. Not sure I'd want to drive that every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how far out do you live? I'd be screwed because I always forget something at the grocery store and have to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful country, Heather. I envy you. I would love to move far from the madness of Long Island, although I do love the ocean. Watch out for the cougars and bears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It takes about a half hour to 45 minutes to get anywhere from here. I'm a big list person. I want to make sure I get everything while I'm there. Driving back and forth too much is exhausting it tends to make my neck hurt. But it is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa. Big difference from Monkeykid's "commute": past a couple o' hoagie shops, and approximately 26 Dunkin' Donuts... did I mention it's a 7-minute ride? (Folks take their hoagies and especially their Dunkin' Donuts pretty seriously here in central Jersey!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete