Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Road to Exhaustion

BEDTIME MONSTER's release is....TODAY! Yay! Woohoo! Yippee!

What have I done to celebrate my baby being out in the world today? I go up and drove the kids to school, drove home, drove to town again,(all this driving is a big deal, it's a dusty, bumpy half an hour each way!) took my son to work with me, showed my book to my librarian friends, played at the playground, toasted my book release with donuts(that was fun!), then came home and cleaned. You may not know this, but when you have a book coming out your house can easily turn into a disaster area because you're so busy doing important things like answering interview questions and figuring out how local stores are going to get your book. What? I'm an author now, shouldn't I have a housekeeper? I thought that was part of the deal. No? Well, fine. Just. Fine.

Part 2 of my guest post on my road to publication is up on Corey Schwartz's blog. I can tell you the real end right now though, something I didn't know when I wrote that post. My road to publication has lead to exhaustion. There's so much to do! Link this, write that. It's great, but I need a nap or I just might turn into a bedtime monster myself. Now that would be ironic.

If you're looking for Bedtime Monster you can get it at Indiebound, Amazon, and Raven Tree Press, and who knows, maybe you can find it someplace else too, which I, of course, would think was very cool. Okay, I'm getting comma happy. Time to get some ZZZzzzzzzzzzz's.

7 comments:

  1. Hell. I ordered it. WHERE'S MINE????? Looks like I'm going to have to harass my local bookseller. Oh well. Won't be the first time. Heh. Heh. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Heather!! I think Bedtime Monster will be perfect to read to my three year-old nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so freaking happy for you. But you already know that. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Don't give your bookseller to hard of a time Lisha. ;-) It's not available from Amazon so....??? Shipping takes time since they haven't created a, uh, um, that thing they get into on Star Trek and get beamed places. No, I am not a Trekkie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to say it's not available from Amazon until TOMORROW. Sheesh. I'm still tired, if you can't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOORAY, GOOOOOOOOO HEATHER! Many many congratulations on launching your book, you published author you. I'm gonna scurry off and order my copy now...

    ReplyDelete